Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time marches on


Well, I'm on my way. This has been a very long trip to end up back where I started. I don't know what happened, the how, or the why...but it did. Adversity makes you the kind of person you really are. I just hope I can show my kids and all those around me see Jesus in me. Hate is a bitter thing. Anger is a hateful feeling. Neither of them are worth it beyond the initial "it makes me hate the world" phase.

Being at S.A.I.L. (Summer Adventures in Literature) is yet another learning experience. These things often remind me more of what a bad teacher I've been instead of the teacher I can become. I am excited about my schedule at CHS. I will be able to teach something other than intervention classes so that's cool.

My eyes are swollen and my brain hurts. Yet another day in the life.

In Psalms, the Bible says,
"Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."

So, yep, that's where my hope lies! And if you look closely at the picture there's a rainbow in that picture. God's promise to his people.

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

I finally got around to reading your birthday tribute to J.
Very sweet.
He's on the couch fighting orks right now.

You hang in there!

PS: I am sending him back tomorrow so be ready.
:)