Thursday, October 02, 2008

You'll always be my baby...


We went to Gville this afternoon. I had to have my son do the driving. My mom had a doctor's appointment and I had a very upset tummy. He did a great job with a few exceptions.


This brings me to my point...well, sort of. It is one of the hardest things I have had to do as a parent. Let my babies fail. I can't stand it. I know it's a part of life, but that doesn't make it any easier. I want to fix it. I want it to be me and not them. He was trying to make his way around to the various places I needed to go. Gainesville. 5:00 traffic. Poor poor urban planning. You do the math. But, I sat there. I kept my mouth closed...for the most part. This is the whole reason why I wanted to ride in the back. That plus I really didn't feel well. He got to be his Grandma's chauffeur. She loved it.


She wanted HER baby to feel better. I guess it doesn't end. : )


And on another note, Happy FORTY SECOND BIRTHDAY to my best friend from when we were babies!! Now she's my age.

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

My age too!

You're a very brave woman. Good for you for not back seat driving...not sure I could have done the same!